Kanzashi

Distraction

 I don’t know about y’all, but I get easily distracted.  Or maybe it’s just that there are so many things I’d like to try that I jump in anyway, casting ongoing projects to the side.  This distraction, however, only took a few minutes of my time and used some scraps.  That’s always a good thing.  This is my first attempt at Kanzashi.  Kanzashi flowers are pretty easy, at least this one was, and it doesn’t take too long to make at all.  A bit of folding, stitching and a smidge of glue and you’ve got yourself a little flower.

This flower was made from scraps of my kirtle.  I didn’t starch the linen, which would have made it a bit more stiff and perhaps given the petals a neater look.

I used this ugly little black button because it was the only one I could find.  I think next time I’ll use a bigger button.  The edges of the petals really want to sneak out from under that button.  Not good.  I’m not sure what I’m going to do with this, but it’s cute and I’d like to make a few more, but smaller.  This one is a chunky little flower!

Still plugging away with the challenge, though I have little to update right now.  I should have the skirt on the kirtle by the end of the week and will start making eyelets for that sucker.

Kanzashi…a nice break from the everyday.  🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s