I’ve spent the last couple of days working on a Flapper costume for El. Finally, after 5+ hours of work on the thing today, I finished. (I’m not even adding in pattern alteration time, fitting, cutting…all that stuff.)
Before I show you the finished garment, let’s talk about the fabric. I’ll be honest, I was looking to find something budget friendly and shiny. This fabric met both those criteria. What I did not plan on was the sticky goop it left on my needle when I was hand sewing the hem, bias tape finishes and the beads on the bottom of the dress. It was pretty gross. Seriously. I was cleaning my needle off about every 5-6 stitches. If El were to stand to close to a candle in this thing she go up in flames.
I’ve never been happier to have these little clips in my life because this man made atrocity managed to gunk up my straight pins as well. And no, I didn’t line it. It came like that. (Which was actually a selling point, all my complaints about it’s unnatural nature aside.